Kweichow Moutai honored with international spirits award
Updated: 2015-09-10 17:07
By Zeng Jun and Yang Jun in Guiyang(chinadaily.com.cn)
"53 percent" Flying Moutai won the grand gold medal at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Guiyang 2015 Spirits Selection. The event, held in Guiyang, capital of southwest China's Guizhou province on Wednesday is a premium spirits awards ceremony.
"A grand gold medal is only awarded to outstanding spirits which stand out at every level and for all tasting criteria," said Baudouin Havaux, the chairman of the international organizing committee of Concours Mondial de Bruxelles.
"The award is a high affirmation in the world for Moutai, and it is also a high affirmation for Chinese baijiu," said Yuan Renguo, Kweichow Moutai's chairman during the awards ceremony.
The selection was organized by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, established in 1994 and dubbed the "United Nations of fine wines", which kicked off on August 26 to 29 in Guiyang. The awards have attracted global attention, with 1,397 spirits from 43 countries seeking recognition at one of the world's most authoritative spirit competitions.
The next spirits selection will be held in Mexico on August, 2016.
- Hohhot overseas student pioneer park, core of 'Grassland Silicon Valley'
- Tight pollution controls affect major industries
- Tianjin announces pensions for martyred firefighters' families
- TCM tonic herb 'can kill HIV', study finds
- Intl Helicopter Exposition kicks off in Tianjin
- Premier Li commends nation's teachers
- Russian military experts present in Syria
- Norway PM says Norwegian citizen taken hostage in Syria
- Hungarian TV journalist fired for tripping up fleeing migrants
- Leaders from EU, Russia, Ukraine to meet in Paris in Oct
- Music is food for the soul for young Chinese violinist
- Australia's Tasmania, China agree to 'work together' on Antarctic expeditions