China issues plan for Beijing tech innovation hub
Updated: 2016-09-19 09:09
BEIJING -- The State Council, China's cabinet, has issued a plan on transforming Beijing into a national scientific and technological innovation hub.
According to the document, China aims to make the hub a world leader in innovation, a growth pole for the economy, and a pool for talent.
The innovation hub is expected to become a powerful engine to boost the country's innovation drive by 2030, the plan said.
The document stresses the key role of north Beijing's hi-tech zone Zhongguancun and neighboring regions of Tianjin Municipality and Hebei province in supporting the technology innovation hub drive.
It also called for enhanced fundamental research in cutting-edge technology, improved personnel training and government services as well as a better policy environment for innovation.
Technological innovation in pivotal sectors should be strengthened and should benefit more people, and the capital city should become more open to international resources, it added.
- Merkel faces setback in Berlin vote due to migrant fears
- Anti-TTIP protesters take to streets in Germany
- Death toll of Friday's suicide blast in NW Pakistan rises to 36
- In photos: Explosion rocks Chelsea in New York City
- UN General Assembly kicks off 71st session
- Britain records warmest September day since 1911