200 ill due to food poisoning in India
Updated: 2011-03-15 21:44
NEW DELHI - Some 200 people have fallen ill due to food poisoning after eating a popular sweetmeat in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh's Meerut town, 80 kms from New Delhi, Indian police said Tuesday.
The incident happened when 300 people ate a popular sweet at a wedding ceremony in Khiwai village in Meerut on Monday night. They have been admitted to a local hospital after they complained of headache and nausea.
A probe has been ordered into the incident.
A massive 8.8 magnitude quake hit the northeast coast of Japan on March 11,2011.
Lawmakers and political advisers gather in Beijing to discuss major issues.
A massive earthquake hit Japan hard, leaving thousands dead.