How much do world leaders earn?
Updated: 2015-03-20 09:02
Russian President Vladimir Putin reportedly cut his salary by 10 percent as his country's economy sunk into a deep recession.
But how does his pay check compare to those of other world leaders?
Here is what presidents and prime ministers of the 10 biggest developed and emerging economies receive as annual salaries, according to CNN.
US President Barack Obama leads the pack with $400,000. South African President Jacob Zuma is the only African leader on the list with $223,500.
US President Barack Obama
Annual salary: $400,000
In addition, Obama gets a tax-free expense account worth $50,000.
- Harley motorcade shows up in Boao, Hainan
- Daredevil ropejumpers leap 200 meter off cliff
- S. Korea returns remains of 68 Chinese soldiers
- Ming art sets Christie's high
- Stolen-phone bromance blossoms in China
- Prince Charles, Camilla get royal tour of Washington
- Should selfie sticks be banned?
- Tunisians demonstrate against terrorism
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Patent applications lead the world
BC lures Chinese tourists
Festival Special: Apps that make holiday shopping easier
Alibaba places China smartphone business bet with $590m Meizu deal
Today's Top News
Harley motorcade shows up in Boao, Hainan
Yahoo to exit from Chinese mainland market
US sends 'green' mission to China
Sticking it to the selfie stick
China's eco-friendly companies stand to gain
China's global image on rise
3 killed in shooting at California convenience store
More Chinese film companies tap into Hollywood
Geared to go
The place to be