Boxers top Forbes highest paid celebrities list
Updated: 2015-07-01 08:47
Boxers Floyd Mayweather has topped Forbes list of the world's 100 highest-paid celebrities. [File photo]
Boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have topped Forbes list of the world's 100 highest-paid celebrities.
This comes on the heels of their lucrative clash in Las Vegas last month.
Nicknamed "Money", Mayweather is the undisputed champion, with an estimated $300 million in earnings over the past 12 months.
Pacquiao follows him with an annual income of $160 million.
Meanwhile, singer Katy Perry's massive Prismatic World Tour helped her nab third place with $135 million. Perry is followed by British boy band One Direction with $130 million and TV and radio host Howard Stern with $95 million.
Forbes compiled its annual list of the most powerful celebrities from the worlds of sports, television, music and books by estimating pre-tax earnings from June 1, 2014 to June, 1 2015.
Management, agent and attorney fees were not deducted.
- Health survey finds Chinese people have grown taller, stronger
- State Council demands accelerated housing renovation
- East China's 'most beautiful' high-speed rail opens
- Uygur family saves Han orphan
- Tourists amazed by artificial water cascades in Henan
- Greater independence needed to increase effectiveness of Chinese think tanks
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash
- More than 50 may die in Indonesian plane crash
- Japan's Diet gets 1.65m signatures against security bills
- Thailand's first MERS case declared free of deadly virus