Xiaomi launches Mi 5 in Beijing, Barcelona with an eye on Apple
Updated: 2016-02-25 08:44
By Song Jingli in Beijing and Liu Zheng in Barcelona, Spain(chinadaily.com.cn)
Visitors experience the Mi 5 smartphones at the Mobile World Congress on Feb 24, 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.[Photo by Liu Zheng/chinadaily.com.cn]
At the end of last year, Xiaomi partnered with MIA Group (Mobile in Africa), the local iPhone distributor, to sell its products to South African consumers. The MIA Group handles local sales, marketing, and support for Xiaomi.
More than 100 reporters, mostly from India, China and European countries participated in the media preview.
Xiaomi sold 64.9 million smartphones in China last year, taking a market share of 15 percent, defending its crown as the No 1 seller at its home market, according to data from research firm International Data Corp.
- Obama makes last attempt to persuade Congress to close Guantanamo
- Over 110,000 refugees, migrants reach EU by sea
- DPRK warns to use weapons against US-ROK forces
- Trump's third straight win has rivals looking for answers
- Suicide bomber behind Ankara attack identified
- Cuba to deploy 9,000 troops to prevent Zika virus