Wanda opens theme park to rival Disney
Updated: 2016-05-30 11:37
A view of Nanchang Wanda Park May 26, 2016. [Photo/VCG]
The resort's huge attractions include a theme park, a shopping mall, restaurants and hotels.
Wang told the China Central Television recently that Shanghai Disneyland relied too much on out-of-date icons such as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, lacked anything new and had cost too much.
Wang said Wanda would make it impossible for Disney China venture to make profit in the next 10 to 20 years.
Wanda, a leading commercial real estate developer in China, has turned its investment toward the entertainment and tourism sectors. It has built three holiday resorts in Wuhan, at Changbai Mountain and in Xishuangbanna.
- 2,000 refugees relocated on first day of major police operation
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff
- Chinese students at U. of Iowa accused of online cheating
- US Justice Dept. seeks death penalty for South Carolina shooter
- Global health entering new era: WHO chief
- Brazil's planning minister steps aside after recordings revelation