20,000 to run in Guangzhou international marathon
Updated: 2014-11-06 19:31
By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou(chinadaily.com.cn)
An international marathon competition will kick off on Nov 23 in Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province, organizers said on Thursday.
So far, 20,000 runners from 40 countries and regions, as well as 26 professional athletes, have confirmed participation in the event, according to the organizers.
Of the professionals, eight have won trophies in marathon events in Chicago and San Polo and other international events.
"We will upgrade medical services along the route for runners," said Li Zhiqiang, secretary-general of the organizing committee.
According to Li, there will be a medical service station at every 1.5 kilometers and the organizers will work with two professional medical organizations to provide services for runners.
- China to announce new East Asian co-op in leaders' meetings
- Chinese premier's visit to further ties with Myanmar
- DPRK patrol ship returns after nearing inter-Korean sea border
- China donates $2 million to WHO to combat Ebola
- US, France cite concerns about Iran nuclear talks
- New EU Commission chief takes aim at Britain's Cameron