Chinese vice premier meets Thai princess
Updated: 2015-04-05 21:58
BEIJING - Chinese Vice Premier Liu Yandong met with visiting Thai crown princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in Beijing on Sunday.
Liu voiced appreciation for Sirindhorn's contribution to deepening friendship and mutual understanding between the two peoples.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and Thailand, Liu said the two sides will work together to deepen bilateral ties.
Sirindhorn said Thailand cherishes the traditional friendship with China and is willing to promote Thailand-China ties.
Sirindhorn is visiting China from Friday to Monday at the invitation of the Chinese government.
- Vietnam, Russia agree to deepen energy cooperation
- Museum reveals evidence of alleged Japanese wartime 'medical experiments'
- Brazilian student masters Chinese
- France bans super-skinny models in anorexia clampdown
- Russian planes evacuate over 300 people from Yemen
- Survivors from Kenyan university attack sent back home