Police alerted over forbidden photo shoot
Updated: 2015-06-08 16:59
By Wu Yan(chinadaily.com.cn)
A CCTV image shows a group of four, including the photographer and model involved, rushing to enter the Forbidden City on the morning of May 17. [Photo/Weibo.com]
Related: Forbidden City responds to the naked model photos
A group of photos of a naked model taken in the Forbidden City posted by a Sina Weibo user named "WANIMAL" on May 17 have generated a lot of heat over the Internet.
The Forbidden City issued a statement on June 1 saying that the photographer did not inform them prior to the shooting and the staff had tried to stop the shoot.
It added that sitting on the cultural relics does not only breach ethical and moral boundaries, it also shows disrespect to the relics and should be condemned by the society.
According to the surveillance video, four visitors rushed into the Forbidden City from the Meridian Gate before other visitors in the morning and were later found shooting naked photos at the side of the Hall of Supreme Harmony.
It is known from WANIMAL’s weibo that this photo shooting was carefully planned.
- Rescuers enter Eastern Star hull in search efforts
- China mourns Yangtze shipwreck victims as search continues
- 9.42 million students sit national college entrance exam
- Students prepare to take national college entrance exams
- TV giants suspend shows for ship wreck mourning
- China, Japan reopen finance talks after delay over sour relations