Chinese, Bangladeshi leaders exchange congratulations on anniversary of ties
Updated: 2015-10-04 11:25
BEIJING - Chinese and Bangladeshi leaders on Sunday exchanged congratulations on the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between the two countries.
As good neighbors, friends and partners, China and Bangladesh have built an ever stronger comprehensive cooperative partnership and their ties have progressed steadily, said Chinese President Xi Jinping in his congratulatory message.
"I attach great importance to the China-Bangladesh relations," said Xi, pledging to work for more fruitful ties to benefit the two peoples.
The profound friendship between China and Bangladesh are rooted in their adherence to the principles of peaceful coexistence, mutual trust, equality and mutual beneficial cooperation, said Bangladeshi President Abdul Hamid.
Hamid urged both sides to seize the opportunity of this anniversary to lift bilateral ties to a new high.
In a congratulatory message to his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina Wajed, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged staunch efforts to push forward China-Bangladesh ties.
Hasina commended China's achievement and important world status, vowing to work for the Bangladeshi people's economic freedom and right in choosing their own destinies as enjoyed by the Chinese people.
- Robot monk with artificial intelligence makes debut
- Nursing homes, more Chinese old people's final choices
- Hit-and-run luxury car driver detained in Beijing
- Park officials say glass cracks don't affect walkway's safety
- China becomes smaller for tourists
- Scenic spots packed with tourists on National Day Holiday
- Russian warplanes hit IS targets in Syria
- Senior US envoy to visit Japan, S Korea, China
- Russia, US agree to cooperate in solving Syria crisis: Russian FM
- Iranian President calls Iran deal victory over war
- LatAm experts praise Xi on yuan, globalization
- Evidence found of summertime water flows on Mars: study