Chinese FM responds to Taiwan authority' statement regarding S. China Sea case
Updated: 2015-11-02 22:22
BEIJING -- China called for both sides of the Taiwan Strait to jointly safeguard territorial sovereignty and maritime interests on Monday, in response to a statement by Taiwan authorities regarding the South China Sea over the weekend.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said Chinese people on both sides of the Strait have the responsibility and duty to do so.
The statement by Taiwan authority, released on Sunday, said Taiwan will not accept the ruling by the Arbitral Tribunal on the jurisdiction and admissibility of the South China Sea.
The tribunal, based in The Hague, ruled on Thursday that it had jurisdiction over the case brought by the Philippines.
- Insurance for caring services sought in rapidly aging capital
- Criminal Law amended to combat terrorist activities
- Swimmers battle against the cold in ice-covered river
- Silent disco yoga class in HK quiets body and mind
- Endangered storks flock to reserve in record numbers
- Green victory in court seen as setting trend