Xi, Obama pledge to manage differences in constructive manner
Updated: 2015-12-01 07:06
By Zhao Huanxin/Zhao Yinan(China Daily)
Chinese President Xi Jinping (R) meets with his US counterpart Barack Obama in Paris, France, Nov 30, 2015. [Photo by Huang Jingwen/Xinhua]
"Since my visit (to the US), our two teams have been working very hard to make new progress in China-US relations.
"It's important to manage our differences and sensitive issues in a constructive way toward a sustained, healthy and steady growth of our relations," he said.
Obama acknowledged the established communication channels between the two countries and called for close cooperation on promoting the global economy and managing conflicts and hot spots around the world.
The US and China have developed a "candid way of discussing these issues", he said.
- Britain's Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- Russia accept full suspension from athletics
- Turkish and Russian FMs to meet in Belgrade
- S.Korea, DPRK agree to hold vice ministers' meeting for improved ties
- Avoiding escalation over Russian warplane downing
- Rights panel presses US over scientists' cases