Senior officials in Guangdong punished
Updated: 2015-12-25 20:57
GUANGZHOU - Two senior officials from South China's Guangdong province have been punished for accepting bribes, the local discipline authority said Friday.
Deng Xiaobing, former deputy communist Party of China (CPC) chief of Zhongshan City and chief of the local CPC committee's commission for political and legal affairs, have been expelled from the Party and dismissed from office, the provincial discipline inspection commission said.
Lin Chuxin, former deputy director of the provincial department of finance, was charged with bribery by Zhongshan Intermediate People's Court.
Both were found to have "illegally accepted money and goods" and "secured interests for other people."
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy