Rural areas a priority for govt fiscal support
Updated: 2015-12-25 20:59
BEIJING - China on Friday pledged to make rural areas and agriculture a priority for government fiscal support as the country strives to develop the rural economy and lift the remaining poor out of poverty.
The government will channel more money to rural areas and encourage private investment into rural and agriculture projects, according to a statement issued after a two-day rural work conference.
There have been calls to further tap into the potential in the countryside and promote an integrated development of the agricultural, industrial and service sectors, to increase farmer's incomes, the statement said.
In the statement, the government reiterated its aim of lifting all poor people out of poverty through precise poverty relief measures.
China vowed to lift the remaining 70 million people out of poverty by 2020, "a decisive battle" to be won during its 13th Five-Year Plan period.
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy