China Telecom chairman Chang Xiaobing under investigation
Updated: 2015-12-27 19:34
By Ma Si(chinadaily.com.cn)
Chang Xiaobing, Chairman of China Telecommunications Corp. [Photo/IC]
Chang Xiaobing, chairman of China Telecommunications Corp, the country's third largest telecom carrier, is under investigation for suspected "serious disciplinary violations", making him the highest -level official from the telecom sector under probe in the anti-graft campaign.
Chang's investigation was announced Sunday by the anti-corruption watchdog, the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China.
Chang took the helm of the State-owned company in August after running China United Network Communications Group Co Ltd, the country's second largest carrier, for 11 years.
Experts said Chang's probe has a lot to do with his tenure at China Unicom, where he headed the company’s plan to develop third-generation communication networks and technologies.
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy