Guangdong awards business leaders for innovation
Updated: 2015-12-30 20:28
By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou(chinadaily.com.cn)
Ten companies, along with ten more business leaders, have been awarded for their growing role in innovation and business upgrading in Guangdong province, a longtime testing ground for China's reform and opening up, according to organizers.
The awards ceremony, which was organized by media groups of Guangdong Radio and Television Station and Yangcheng Evening News, was held on Wednesday in Guangzhou, the provincial capital.
According to the organizers, companies and business leaders being awarded are mostly engaged in information technology, modern logistics, Internet finance, high-end materials, biochemical and energy-saving sectors.
"They are playing an increased role in innovation, helping drive industrial upgrading and economic development," said Yao Jingyuan, a renowned economist.
A number of high-profile business people, including Ma Huateng, chief executive officer of Tencent Holdings Co Ltd, and Ding Lei, founder and CEO of Netease Inc, have been honored at previous events, which were initially launched 11 years ago.
Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave
- World's first high-speed train line circling an island opens in Hainan
- 'Internet Plus' changes people's lifestyles in China
- Rough waters on the sea front of West Wales
- Beijng Zoo wholesale market to be relocated by 2016
- Iron woman: first female body builder in Egypt
- Yearender: Chinese athletes of year
- Yearender: Key words from popular China news stories in 2015
- Hangzhou shuts steel plant to improve air quality
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
Shooting rampage at US social services agency leaves 14 dead
Chinese bargain hunters are changing the retail game
Chinese president arrives in Turkey for G20 summit
Islamic State claims responsibility for Paris attacks
Obama, Netanyahu at White House seek to mend US-Israel ties
China, not Canada, is top US trade partner
Tu first Chinese to win Nobel Prize in Medicine
Huntsman says Sino-US relationship needs common goals
Geared to go
The place to be