Book of Xi Jinping's remarks on Party discipline published
Updated: 2016-01-02 07:17
BEIJING -- A book containing Xi Jinping's remarks on governing the Communist Party of China (CPC) and strengthening Party discipline and rules has been published.
The book includes 200 pieces of remarks of Xi, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee and president of China. They were selected from 40 of Xi's speeches and articles from Nov 16, 2012 to Oct 29, 2015.
The remarks touch upon several topics, including the significance of strengthening Party discipline, innovation of Party discipline and the role of leading cadres.
Party organizations at all levels have been asked to organize CPC members to study Xi's remarks in the book, which was compiled by the CPC's Central Commission for Disciplinary Inspection, and the Party Literature Research Center of the CPC Central Committee.
Also on Friday the CPC's updated rules on clean governance and sanctions for those who violate the Party code of conduct became effective, replacing the old ones that were deemed outdated since the launch of the anti-corruption drive.
- Top planner targets 40% cut in PM2.5 for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei cluster
- Yearender: Predictions for 2016 through 20 questions
- Asia's largest underground railway station opens in Shenzhen
- Shanghai bans drug-using actors, drivers
- Clamping down to clean up the air
- Yearender: Ten most talked-about newsmakers in 2015
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge