Xi underscores military building via reforms
Updated: 2016-01-07 20:02
CHONGQING - President Xi Jinping has urged the strengthening of the armed forces through reforms when inspecting troops in Southwest China.
Xi said the military must be guided by the objective of building a strong army, carry out military strategies under the new circumstances and advance army building through the enhancement of political awareness.
Xi, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission, made the remarks during an inspection of troops in the southwestern municipality of Chongqing on Tuesday.
Xi also called for building a strong army through reforms and commanding the military in line with laws and rules.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident