Li Keqiang urges sound implementation of two-child policy
Updated: 2016-01-07 23:28
BEIJING -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang has called for full support in health, education, housing and other fields for the sound implementation of two-child policy.
Li made the remarks in a written instruction to a meeting on family planning Thursday.
Describing the two-child policy as "a good deed that benefits people's livelihoods and the future," Li noted that the policy is a significant move to balance population growth and respond to people's wishes.
The premier urged all departments involved to improve their policies and services in health, education, employment, housing and social insurance to help achieve sustainable and coordinated development between population and economy.
In addition, Li acknowledged the great contributions of family planning workers over the years, calling for better support for them.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident