Chinese top leaders to attend AIIB opening activities
Updated: 2016-01-08 20:18
BEIJING -- Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang will attend activities marking the opening of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying told a regular press briefing on Friday.
Xi will attend and address the inaugurating ceremony in the morning of Jan 16 while Li will address the founding conference of the AIIB council in the afternoon, Hua noted. The series of opening activities will last from Jan 16 to 18.
The China-initiated development bank was formally established in Beijing on Dec 25 of last year. The bank, headquartered in Beijing, now has 57 members.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident