CPC expels corrupt mayor in Inner Mongolia
Updated: 2016-01-09 04:39
HOHHOT -- Tang Aijun, former mayor of Hohhot, capital of North China's Inner Mongolia autonomous region, has been expelled from the Communist Party of China over corruption allegations.
Investigation showed that Tang took bribes and abused his power to serve the bribers' interests, the region's anti-graft watchdog said Friday.
Tang, who retired in 2010, was also deprived of his retirement benefits and all his illegal earnings were confiscated.
His case has been transferred to judicial organs.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident