China is building a prosperous society
Updated: 2016-01-09 11:07
Comments by Xu Xiujun, associate researcher with the Institute of World Economy and Politics at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences; comics drawn by Wang Yuling
During a visit to Chongqing Municipality, Chinese President Xi Jinping touted the development concepts of innovation, coordination, green development, opening up and sharing. He believed they have been derived from domestic and international experiences and based on analysis of the economic and social development trends and relevant laws.
He said the new development concepts, which are focused in the nation's 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020), would serve as a baton, leading the direction, indicating the path and opening a new evolution frontier.
The whole society should implement the central leadership's requirements, put actions in line with new development concepts to uphold innovation, emphasize coordination, advocate green development, cultivate openness and encourage more sharing.
2016 is the first year for China to implement the 13th Five-Year Plan. People should work hard together, so as to kick off for a good start to lay a solid foundation for completing the building of a moderately prosperous society by 2020.
( The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Panview or CCTV.com. )
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident