Four senior officials expelled from Party in Hebei
Updated: 2016-01-09 18:33
SHIJIAZHUANG - Four senior officials in North China's Hebei province have been expelled from the Communist Party of China for corruption, said the provincial discipline watchdog.
The four are Li Bao, former deputy head of the provincial environmental protection department, Pan Xiaodong, former deputy head of the provincial transport department, Zhou Jie, former senior finance and economics official of the provincial political advisory body and Hao Dongheng, former Party chief of Shijiazhuang University of Economics.
Investigations showed they took advantage of their posts to accept bribes to seek interests for others or embezzle public funds. Hao and Zhou were also dismissed from their public posts.
The four have been transferred to judical organs.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident