China to further cooperation with Organization of American States
Updated: 2016-03-01 03:35
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi (right) meets with visiting OAS secretary-general Luis Almagro in Beijing on Feb 29, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
BEIJING -- Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi said on Monday that China will further enhance ties with the Organization of American States (OAS).
Yang spoke with visiting OAS secretary-general Luis Almagro in Beijing about how bilateral cooperation can benefit relations between China and the American states, especially Latin American and Caribbean countries.
He said the China-OAS cooperation had seen some great results in recent years.
Almagro said the OAS attaches great importance to its ties with China and is willing to expand exchanges and cooperation with China.
The OAS will firmly adhere to the one-China principle, he said.
Invited by the Chinese Foreign Ministry, Almagro is paying an official visit to China from Feb 28 to March 2.
- Cuba intensifies fight to fend off Zika virus
- UN chief calls for 'prompt, impartial' probe into airstrike on Yemeni market
- Ex-Tepco execs indicted over Fukushima disaster
- British PM threatened with 'no confidence vote' over EU referendum
- 70,000 may become trapped in Greece
- Venezuela, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Russia to meet to stabilize oil market