China's State Council appoints, removes officials
Updated: 2016-03-15 15:54
BEIJING - The State Council, China's Cabinet, announced the appointment and the removal of several senior government officials Tuesday.
The State Council appointed Gao Xiaobing vice minister of civil affairs, removing Zou Ming from the post.
Huang Runqiu was named vice minister of environmental protection, replacing Wu Xiaoqing.
Cao Weixing was appointed vice minister of land and resources, Qin Boyong was named deputy auditor-general of the National Audit Office, and Sun Jinlong became political commissar of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
Zhang Xinfeng and Shang Bing are no longer deputy directors of the Cyberspace Administration of China.
The State Council relieved Yu Shaoliang from the position of vice president of Xinhua News Agency. Ma Liqiang will no longer serve as chair of the Supervisory Board for Key Large State-Owned Enterprises.
- Putin says Russians to start withdrawing from Syria, as peace talks resume
- Merkel says Sunday's state elections 'make her party think'
- Canberra's Balloon Spectacular festival kicks off
- Germanwings crash caused deliberately by mentally ill copilot: BEA
- Second car bomb in a month kills 34 in Turkish capital, Ankara
- German voters batter Merkel over migrant policy