China tops patent application list for 5th consecutive year
Updated: 2016-04-17 19:17
BEIJING - China continued to top the world's patent application list for the fifth year in a row, showcasing its booming culture of innovation, an official said at a meeting on Sunday.
More than 60 percent of the applications in China were filed by enterprises engaged in high-speed train, nuclear power, 4G mobile telecommunications technology and ultra-high-voltage electricity transmission, according to Wang Zhongyu, head of the China Enterprise Confederation.
However, Wang mentioned some weaknesses, such as the lack of top-level talents and key technological breakthroughs.
He called on enterprises to implement an innovation-driven development strategy to promote industrial transformation and upgrading.
- As country's population has grown, so has the level of higher education
- New hiv testing project targets groups most at risk
- Study finds 20-year slump in exercise
- Little champ: Four-year-old roller skates on cliff
- Chinese scientists figure out Zika virus NS1 protein structure
- China charting a new course
- Ecuador continues recovery efforts following powerful quake
- Beacons and gun salutes as Britain's Queen Elizabeth turns 90
- Queen Elizabeth II's China connections
- Portraits of Queen Elizabeth released to mark her 90th brithday
- Big celebration set for queen's 90th birthday
- Things to know about Queen Elizabeth II