Build CPC-Arab 'community of shared destiny', CPC official says
Updated: 2016-04-21 20:24
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
The Communist Party of China and political parties of Arab countries should take the lead in helping China and Arab countries build a "community of shared destiny", an official in charge of the CPC's international exchanges suggested today.
Song Tao, minister of the International Department of the CPC Central Committee, made the remarks in the opening ceremony of a two-day dialogue between the CPC and political parties in Arab countries.
The dialogue, which has attracted delegates from 16 Arab countries, most of whom are members of political parties, was launched in Yinchuan, Ningxia Hui autonomous region.
Song, the CPC official, said China is willing to share its experience in development with Arab countries, and hopes to learn from the latter's time-honored civilization and development practice.
He called for political parties in China and Arab countries to facilitate "pragmatic cooperation" between China and the Arab world by dovetailing the Belt and Road Initiative and Arab countries' efforts to diversify their economies, and to contribute to China-Arab counterterrorism cooperation.
By always treating each other with respect and openness, China and Arab countries "set up an example of how countries of different civilizations, institutions and faiths can coexist in harmony", Song said. He added that political parties from both sides should advocate for tolerance and exchanges, and prevent extreme ideas from causing estrangement between different civilizations.
Former Egyptian prime minister Essam Sharaf said through the interpreter that he looked forward to "China's wisdom to stop the situation of the Middle East from deteriorating, and that the CPC's practice has inspired political parties in the Arab world.
"The achievements China, a big country, has obtained are closely linked to the CPC," he said.
He added that there is great room for China-Arab cooperation to grow, and that the Belt and Road Initiative is the best way to enhance the cooperation to the expected level.
- As country's population has grown, so has the level of higher education
- Charities rebuild image through relief efforts
- New hiv testing project targets groups most at risk
- Study finds 20-year slump in exercise
- Little champ: Four-year-old roller skates on cliff
- Chinese scientists figure out Zika virus NS1 protein structure
- Ecuador continues recovery efforts following powerful quake
- Beacons and gun salutes as Britain's Queen Elizabeth turns 90
- Queen Elizabeth II's China connections
- Portraits of Queen Elizabeth released to mark her 90th brithday
- Big celebration set for queen's 90th birthday
- Things to know about Queen Elizabeth II