Party officials engage citizens through Internet
Updated: 2016-04-22 12:58
Jiang Dingzhi, Party chief of the standing committee of Jiangsu Provincial People's Congress.[Photo/IC]
Jiang, Party chief of the standing committee of Jiangsu Provincial People's Congress and former governor of Hainan province, said he has WeChat account and he pays attention to public opinions through new media.
In 2014, Jiang discussed with officials on how to manage the tourism market in Sanya of Hainan province. He cited a short message of Wang Yong, Sanya's mayor on Wang's WeChat account to emphasize the efforts in the market management.
Jiang said there was lots of information on the WeChat, and he was also a fan of the messaging service.
- Readers at a 24-hour bookstore in Beijing
- As country's population has grown, so has the level of higher education
- Charities rebuild image through relief efforts
- New hiv testing project targets groups most at risk
- Study finds 20-year slump in exercise
- Little champ: Four-year-old roller skates on cliff
- Canadian PM Trudeau slips from political ring to boxing ring
- Japanese lawmakers visit war-linked Yasukuni Shrine en masse
- Palestinian residents of Gaza Strip face growing water shortage
- Delayed Yemen peace talks begin in Kuwait
- Cuba, US agree to deepen cultural cooperation
- Ecuador continues recovery efforts following powerful quake