Vice Premier urges to accelerate development of free trade zones
Updated: 2016-04-23 02:46
"Implementing the free trade zone strategy is a long and arduous task, which requires painstaking efforts," Wang said at a symposium attended by ministerial and provincial-level officials.
In order to adapt to the new trends of economic globalization and meet the new requirements of domestic reforms, the country must take a more active approach to implement the strategy, he stressed.
Wang urged to improve industrial competitiveness, promote structural adjustments and industrial upgrading, further transform the functions of the government and streamline the government.
More efforts should be made to establish new mechanisms that are aligned with international trade and investment rules, he added.
Wang called for efforts to establish a trade adjustment assistance mechanism that is in line with China's national conditions and the World Trade Organization rules.
- China to ratify Paris Agreement before September
- Canadian PM Trudeau slips from political ring to boxing ring
- Japanese lawmakers visit war-linked Yasukuni Shrine en masse
- Palestinian residents of Gaza Strip face growing water shortage
- Delayed Yemen peace talks begin in Kuwait
- Cuba, US agree to deepen cultural cooperation