Premier Li stresses building solid schools and hospitals in Lushan
Updated: 2016-04-25 10:38
Premier Li Keqiang takes photos with students at a middle school in Lushan county in Southwest China's Sichuan province on April 24, 2016. [Photo/gov.cn]
Premier Li Keqiang stressed building schools that are solid enough to withstand any dangers and disasters when he visited a middle school in Lushan county in Southwest China's Sichuan province on April 24.
Only by building quake-proof schools and hospitals can people feel safe, said the premier.
The school was rebuilt after it was devastated by a deadly earthquake three years ago.
Premier Li said the best tribute to the earthquake victims is to ensure children can grow healthily and become the country's valuable assets in the future.
He said children represent the hope of Lushan and encouraged them to cherish the opportunity to study hard.
- AIIB president selected to Time 100
- Imperial Pacific names high-profile advisers from US
- China to ratify Paris Agreement before September
- Canadian PM Trudeau slips from political ring to boxing ring
- Japanese lawmakers visit war-linked Yasukuni Shrine en masse
- Palestinian residents of Gaza Strip face growing water shortage