Xi stresses sound environment for public opinion
Updated: 2016-11-07 20:22
BEIJING -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday stressed the importance of "a sound environment for public opinion," calling it crucial for governance and national stability.
Xi made the remarks while meeting with representatives of winners of this year's China News Award and Changjiang Taofen Award, the country's top two journalism awards.
- Black humor dots NYC'S Times Square on election day
- Cambodia marks 63rd Independence Day
- Streets are alive with giant fried eggs in Santiago
- Climate Change Conference celebrates Forest Action Day
- Midnight vote in tiny New Hampshire town kicks off
- Swedish prosecutor says Assange interview set for Nov 14