Protectors of traditional villages to be selected nationwide
Updated: 2016-08-31 13:19
By Wang Kaihao(chinadaily.com.cn)
China Foundation for Cultural Heritage Conservation launched a nationwide event on Aug 29 to select the country’s best protectors of traditional villages to raise the public's consciousness better reserve those communities.
According to its schedule, the result will be announced in late November. Individuals — both Chinese and foreigners — and organizations other than full-time cultural heritage administrations are qualified to be candidates if they make donations, provide technical support, or have contributions to the protective work in other ways.
Winners will include 10 individuals and five groups. Netizens' poll is important, and the expert panel will have the final round of appraisal in October, says Dong Qi, deputy head of the foundation.
China has registered 2,555 nation-level traditional villages, but only 501 of them received financial support of protection from the central government in 2015, which makes the work largely rely on social efforts and diverse channels.
More information for registering as candidates on www.ccrpg.org.cn
- Brazil leader's impeachment trial enters final stretch
- 94th anniv. of Victory Day marked in Turkey
- Merkel opens Germany's 17th Confucius Institute
- France's outgoing minister vows to 'transform' France
- One dead, three wounded in blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan
- Tainted food sickens 37 Buddhist monks, 2 helpers in Cambodia