US Singer Natalie Cole dies at 65
Updated: 2016-01-02 16:23
Natalie Cole poses backstage during the 14th Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, in this file picture taken November 21, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]
Nine-time Grammy winner Natalie Maria Cole died on the New Year's Eve Thursday at age 65, local media reported Friday.
Weak health forced Cole, who followed her father jazz great Nat King Cole into the music business, to cancel concert performances over the last three months after a recurrence of hepatitis C linked to her earlier drug abuse.
Cole, as a singer, song writer and performer left the world beautiful songs like "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) and "Unforgettable".
"Natalie Cole, sister beloved & of substance and sound. May her soul rest in peace," tweeted the Rev. Jesse Jackson on New Year's Day.
- Top planner targets 40% cut in PM2.5 for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei cluster
- Yearender: Predictions for 2016 through 20 questions
- Asia's largest underground railway station opens in Shenzhen
- Shanghai bans drug-using actors, drivers
- Clamping down to clean up the air
- Yearender: Ten most talked-about newsmakers in 2015
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge