Snoopy's in love
Updated: 2015-10-29 07:30
By Xu Fan(China Daily)
A screen capture from The Peanuts Movie. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The good-natured beagle, the world's most famous comic-strip dog, will move on from his 65-year-long bachelor life in the upcoming animated feature film The Peanuts Movie.
The 20th Century Fox title will be released in 3-D and DMax versions in mainland cinemas on Nov 6, the same day as its global release.
Following two storylines, the tale narrates Snoopy's imaginary-world heroic rescue of the adorable puppy Fifi, and his best human pal Charlie Brown's too-shy-to-speak-out love of a red-haired new classmate.
"The new character, Fifi, who was mentioned many times in the comic strip but never drawn, is a big part of Snoopy's adventure," says director Steve Martino, who is known for Ice Age: Continental Drift, during a media event in Beijing on Oct 14.
To attract more Chinese, Martino reveals that the crew has designed many 3-D effects for the world's second-largest market, which has an overwhelming number of 3-D screens in the nation's 5,800 theaters.
- China's Five-Year Plan popularized by bizarre cartoon
- Strategic assessments to reduce pollution
- Chinese diners hit by bad news on processed meat
- Major environmental protection achievements during the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-15)
- China looks to innovate the disabled aid industry
- Consumption of red or processed meat causes cancer