Angry Birds tops Chinese box office
Updated: 2016-05-25 10:50
A scene from The Angry Birds Movie. [Photo/Mtime]
Disney's Captain America: Civil War dropped to second place after two weeks of leading the box office. The superhero blockbuster has raked in 1.159 billion yuan after its release on May 6.
Third place went to The Divergent Series: Allegiant, starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James, which scored 64 million yuan in its first weekend out in Chinese theaters.
Domestic literary adaptation Song of the Phoenix came in fourth with a box office take of 37 million yuan in the past week. It has raked in 63.3 million yuan after being released on May 6.
Rounding out the top five was domestic romance Finding Mr. Right 2, which took in 757 million yuan after its release on April 29.
- Global health entering new era: WHO chief
- Brazil's planning minister steps aside after recordings revelation
- Vietnam, US adopt joint statement on advancing comprehensive partnership
- European border closures 'inhumane': UN refugee agency
- Japan's foreign minister calls A-bombings extremely regrettable
- Fukushima impact unprecedented for oceans: US expert