China claims title at women's volleyball int'l with unbeaten record
Updated: 2014-07-30 10:46
NINGBO, China - Host China clean swept Asian champions Thailand Sunday afternoon to win the title of the China Women's Volleyball International Tournament with an unbeaten record.
Zhu Ting scored game-high 24 points as the Chinese won 25-13, 25-12 and 25-11, their third straight victory in the four-nation tournament. Zeng Chunlei scored 15 points for China and Yang Junjing added 10.
"We know that Thailand were playing without some key players, but we were just trying to do our best," said China head coach Jenny Lang Ping. "I told my players to serve aggressively and pay more attention to their defense and I think they did a good job."
The Chinese women produced a total of 10 aces, out of which Zhu contributed five.
Following two consecutive wins on Friday and Saturday, China started well in their last match of the round robin play, jumping to a 7-4 lead on back of some fine attacks of Zeng Chunlei and Zhu Ting. Thailand pulled within 9-8, but the Chinese women staged a 12-2 run on back of high quality serving to make it 21-10, a gap that the Thais could never close.
Thailand continued to struggle with their reception in the second set while China raced to an 11-3 lead and never looked back.
In the third set, the Chinese continued their dominance and concluded the match with a 9-1 run.
The Chinese also outblocked Thailand 12-3.
- National Beach Volleyball Grand Slam opens in Suzhou
- Karamay hosts Sports Games Beach Volleyball Competition
- New combination of beach volleyball players necessary
- Walsh/Ross clinch gold in FIVB Beach Volleyball Fuzhou Open
- Defending champs upset at FIVB Beach Volleyball Fuzhou Open
- Volunteers needed for beach volleyball event in Fuzhou
- Soccer, volleyball to be part of PE test
- China beats Japan to win EAG women's volleyball title
- China's volleyball teams to face Japan for EAG medals
- Star Stefanie Sun holds concert in Beijing
- Faye Wong's manager refutes star's drug rumors
- Lu Yi and daughter Bei Er pose for street snaps
- Photoshoots of actress Li Xiaomeng
- Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards
- Fan Bingbing, first Chinese actress in Barbie Hall of Fame
- Awarding ceremony of 2014 hito Pop Music held in Taipei
- Zhao Liying's photo shoot for Children's Day
Leading leaden lives
Former security chief under probe
China helps fight international war on drugs
Crackdown on terrorist attacks
My China Story: Meeting the master
Tongues tied around tatu-bola
Today's Top News
Chinese Ebola doctors leave for Africa
At least 39 killed in Tehran jet crash
US is top destination for Chinese fugitives
Beijing 'open' to US airstrikes in Iraq
Foreigners jailed for obtaining data
BMW to reduce prices amid probe
New thriller breaks stereotype
US airstrikes Iraqi Sunni extremist targets
Geared to go
The place to be