China climbs to 88th in the latest FIFA rankings
Updated: 2014-10-24 13:39
BEIJING - China climbed to 88th on the October edition of the overall FIFA world rankings, nine positions higher than last month, according to the FIFA website.
China also made it to the top 10 on the continental table, ranking ninth by overtaking Qatar, Australia, and Saudi Arabia.
The Chinese men's team played two warm-up games in October and won both.
China beat Thailand 3-0 on October 10 in Changsha, which was taken as a revenge for last year's 5-1 and Asian Games' 2-0 losses to the Thais.
Four days later, China beat Paraguay 2-1 in Changsha.
Iran maintained the top side in Asia, followed by Japan, Uzbekistan and South Korea.
Germany is still No. 1 with Argentina second and Columbia third in the world.
- Party points way for rule of law
- Party's leadership "most fundamental guarantee" for rule of law in China
- CPC officials ordered to stop meddling judicial cases
- Rule of law must follow China's path
- Senior justice official probed in Hunan
- PepsiCo sponsors Tsinghua University to train future biz leaders