Champions League: Barca beats Man City, Juve edges Dortmund
Updated: 2015-02-25 09:11
Suarez puts Barca on top as Messi misses penalty
Barcelona's Luis Suarez celebrates after scoring the second goal during their Champions League round of 16 first leg soccer match against Manchester City in Etihad Stadium, Manchester of England, Feb 22, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
Manchester City suffered from deja vu as Luis Suarez's double gave Barcelona a 2-1 first leg lead in a Champions League last 16 tie at the Etihad although Lionel Messi's late penalty miss left the door ajar on Tuesday.
In a repeat of last season's round of 16 first leg at the Etihad, Barcelona were too slick for the hosts in a mesmerising opening period with Uruguay forward Suarez firing them in front in the 16th minute and doubling the lead after half an hour.
- Greece makes more concessions to euro zone, Germany sets vote
- Portugal to enforce tighter investor visa rules after scandal
- Kiwi opposition blasts troop deployment to Iraq
- Vietnam's travel companies cash in on Lunar New Year holiday
- Eurogroup, Greece agree on bailout extension for 4 months
- Foreign workers killed in Abu Dhabi blaze