Ding trails Higgins 3-5 at snooker worlds second round
Updated: 2015-04-24 13:21
LONDON - Ding Junhui fought back from 1-5 down to make it 5-3 against four-time winner John Higgins after the first session of their World Championship second-round match in Sheffield on Thursday.
Higgins took command after six frames by leading the Chinese former world No 1 5-1.
But the 28-year-old Ding fought back with breaks of 67 and 94 to keep in contention at 5-3.
The two players will resume competition on Friday afternoon.
In the day's other matches, defending champion Mark Selby drew with Anthony McGill 4-4 at the end of their first session.
- Are you prepared to welcome the second royal baby?
- Spain recalls Venezuelan ambassador over Maduro conspiracy comments
- Anniversary of Armenian massacre marked
- DPRK to establish 2nd intl tourist zone
- Parade rehearsal held for Victory over Fascism in Russia
- Kim likely to visit Russia in May for war victory ceremony