Voting process of the host city of the Olympic Winter Games 2022
Updated: 2015-07-31 16:09
The cities of Almaty, Kazakhstan, and Beijing, People's Republic of China, are bidding to host the Olympic Winter Games 2022.
The IOC members will vote by secret ballot. IOC members from the countries involved do not take part in the vote. As there is no IOC member in Kazakhstan, only members from the People's Republic of China will not vote. The IOC President, Thomas Bach, elects not to vote. The Honorary President, Honorary and Honour members DO NOT vote.
A city will need a simple majority to be elected.
The detailed number of votes will be communicated straight after the announcement ceremony.
- 38.7b yuan in State assets recovered in campaign
- China closely watches recovery of Boeing debris: spokesman
- Netizens question narrative of human trafficking victim turned model teacher
- Jing-Jin-Ji project gathers momentum as young people return
- Only living panda triplets celebrate first birthday
- Mother's death prompts escalator safety campaign