Beijing makes it, again!
Updated: 2015-07-31 17:55
By Zhan Qianhui(chinadaily.com.cn)
A holidaymaker enjoys skiing at the Wanlong Ski Resort in Chongli county, Zhangjiakou city, North China's Hebei province. [Photo/IC]
Beijing has become the first city to host both Summer and Winter Olympic Games after beating Kazakhstan's Almaty to hold the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Following a closed-door vote by International Olympic Committee (IOC) members, President Thomas Bach announced that Beijing is the winner of 2022 Winter Olympics during the 128th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur on Friday afternoon.
With a fully-prepared final presentation by an all-star team, Beijing has successfully convinced the committee members that the 2008 Olympics host city is a more favored candidate for the Winter Games.
The capital promises a sustainable and prudent Olympics by taking full advantages of existing venues. And it will take a series of measures to tackle air pollution for a successful 2022 Games.
- Beijing in race for 2022 Winter Olympics Games
- LIVE: Beijing lays out its case to hold 2022 Winter Olympics
- Beijing's bid to host 2022 Winter Olympics enters final lap
- Video: Beijing ready to embrace Winter Olympics
- China approves renewable energy zone in Winter Olympics candidate city
- Chinese athletes back Beijing's bid to host Winter Olympics
- 38.7b yuan in State assets recovered in campaign
- China closely watches recovery of Boeing debris: spokesman
- Netizens question narrative of human trafficking victim turned model teacher
- Jing-Jin-Ji project gathers momentum as young people return
- Only living panda triplets celebrate first birthday
- Mother's death prompts escalator safety campaign
- Top 10 international destinations for Chinese millionaires
- Rainstorm affects 940,000 in South China
- Do you take all your paid leave?
- National Art Museum of China displays Polish folk art
- Chinese soldiers in parades
- US Marines Corpos soldiers demonstrate martial arts
- World's largest radio telescope being built
- Elvis Festival pays tribute to the King of Rock 'n' Roll
Seventh China-US strategic dialogue
Premier Li embarks on Latin America visit
What do we know about AIIB
Full coverage of Boao Forum for Asia
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Today's Top News
Chinese defense concerned about US moves in South China Sea
Chinese named in test-taking scam deported from US
Baidu to buy back shares worth $1b
Former military leader Guo Boxiong expelled from CPC, to face justice
Pair to face poaching charges related to death of popular lion
Amazon wants air space for delivery drones
Embassy continues its work in aftermath of car bombing
Netizens pack heavy wallets
Geared to go
The place to be