Beijing makes it, again!
Updated: 2015-07-31 17:55
By Zhan Qianhui(chinadaily.com.cn)
A holidaymaker enjoys skiing at the Wanlong Ski Resort in Chongli county, Zhangjiakou city, North China's Hebei province. [Photo/IC]
Beijing has become the first city to host both Summer and Winter Olympic Games after beating Kazakhstan's Almaty to hold the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Following a closed-door vote by International Olympic Committee (IOC) members, President Thomas Bach announced that Beijing is the winner of 2022 Winter Olympics during the 128th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur on Friday afternoon.
With a fully-prepared final presentation by an all-star team, Beijing has successfully convinced the committee members that the 2008 Olympics host city is a more favored candidate for the Winter Games.
The capital promises a sustainable and prudent Olympics by taking full advantages of existing venues. And it will take a series of measures to tackle air pollution for a successful 2022 Games.
- 38.7b yuan in State assets recovered in campaign
- China closely watches recovery of Boeing debris: spokesman
- Netizens question narrative of human trafficking victim turned model teacher
- Jing-Jin-Ji project gathers momentum as young people return
- Only living panda triplets celebrate first birthday
- Mother's death prompts escalator safety campaign