New women's cycling tour launched
Updated: 2015-09-25 09:51
RICHMOND, United States - Cycling's world governing body UCI announced on Thursday that a new women's cycling tour starts next year.
The Women's World Tour, replacing the Women's Road World Cup, will run from March through September and China will host events of the 17-race tour that are contested over 35 days in nine countries and regions.
The top 20 professional teams will be invited to participate, much like the men's version of the WorldTour.
- Another corruption suspect repatriated from US to China
- Shanghai slaps three-year ban on entertainers caught doing drugs
- 37 students critical after botched fire drill in NW China
- Man writes Chinese calligraphy using kitchenware
- Brilliant Autumn Urumqi feasting many eyes
- Kids serve as traffic police in C China
- Colombia, FARC reach breakthrough agreement in Havana
- White House prepares for government shutdown
- EU leaders seek unity on refugee plans
- EU pushes through plan to relocate 120,000 refugees amid oppositions
- China, Malaysia conclude first joint military exercise
- Hillary Clinton opposes controversial oil pipeline