Manchester United to launch dedicated TV channel in China, FT Says
Updated: 2016-01-08 20:00
By Chris Peterson(China Daily Europe)
Screenshot from www.manutd.com
Manchester United, one of the richest soccer clubs in the world and a contender for this season's English Premier league title, is to start broadcasting its own television channel in China, the Financial Times reported, citing Arthur Wei, senior vice president at Sina Sports.
Sina, an online sports platform, will begin broadcasting MUTV, the English club's 24-hour television channel, on its website, mobile site and smartphone app from next Sunday.
MUTV includes match highlights, features, player interviews and news on the club's activities.
Wei was quoted as saying "the deal will make great strides to change the way China watches and understands the game of football."
The Financial Times did not say how much money changed hands over the agreement.
To contact the reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident