Atletico striker Jackson Martinez on verge of move to China
Updated: 2016-02-03 09:10
MADRID - Reports in Spain on Tuesday point to a shock transfer deal that would see Colombian international striker Jackson Martinez join Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrand for a price of around 50 million US dollars.
Atletico Madrid's Jackson Martinez celebrates after scoring a goal against Valencia during their Spanish first division soccer match at Vicente Calderon stadium in Madrid, Spain, October 25, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
Martinez did not participate in Tuesday's training session with Atletico as he was given permission to miss it and radio station Cadena Ser reports he was negotiating his move to China.
The striker joined Atletico as a big money signing from Porto last summer but has failed to adapt to life in Spain, scoring just 3 goals in 22 appearances for the club after netting 67 goals in 89 league appearances for his previous club.
- Australian police suspect overseas hackers behind threats to schools
- EU reform proposals show 'real progress': British PM
- Mainland Chile confirms first 3 cases of Zika virus
- Lanterns decorate temple to celebrate Chinese New Year in Kuala Lumpur
- Tusk to publish proposal for UK-EU settlement
- Cuba's Castro pays historic visit to France