Global tourism event to be held in Chongqing in September
Updated: 2016-05-27 13:51
By Yang Feiyue(chinadaily.com.cn)
The World Tourism Cities Federation's annual summit will be held in Chongqing over Sept 18-22. [Photo provided to China Daily]
This year's event, jointly organized by the federation and the Chongqing government, will include a total of 10 tourism promotion meetings.
Thirty foreign tourism wholesalers will be invited to the event to meet 100 travel agencies in Chongqing.
The event will also see the choosing of the host cities for the 2017 and 2018 summits.
Around 400 people will participate in this year's event, including representatives from 100 tourism cities and 50 tourism organizations.
WTCF, a nonprofit international tourism organization formed by more than 160 cities and tourism-related institutions, was established four years ago.
It won the World Travel Leaders Award at the 2015 World Tourism Market in London.
The organization aims to promote exchanges and cooperation among its members and the tourism industry.
- 2,000 refugees relocated on first day of major police operation
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff
- Chinese students at U. of Iowa accused of online cheating
- US Justice Dept. seeks death penalty for South Carolina shooter
- Global health entering new era: WHO chief
- Brazil's planning minister steps aside after recordings revelation