Fujian woman shoots Atlanta intruders, kills 1

Updated: 2016-09-27 10:42

By Agencies(China Daily USA)

  Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按钮 0

 Fujian woman shoots Atlanta intruders, kills 1

A screenshot from the surveillance video of a Chinese woman in a gun fight with intruders in Atlanta on Sept 16. Courtesy Of Wsbtv

A trio of three armed home-invaders in Georgia got a surprise they weren't expecting.

Georgia police recently released a surveillance video taken from inside a home showing three men who have guns kicking down a door and entering a home.

The men are looking through boxes when a woman emerges from another room carrying a gun and a shootout ensues. As gun fire is exchanged, one man runs through a glass door and the other two exit the room.

Arriving at the scene, police found one of the intruders shot, in the incident that occurred on Sept 16. Although police used CPR, the suspect whom investigators have confirmed to be 28-year-old Atlanta resident Antonio Leeks died on premises. The two other suspects fled by car.

Police told local reporters the suspects were looking for cash "when they met their match."

"Their match" was a woman identified as a 40-year-old from China's Fujian Province. She obtained a gun only one month prior to the incident. The owner of two restaurants in the Atlanta area, the woman was at her colleague's home for work-related reasons, investigators said.

The woman, who told dispatchers she was also shot, and another man living in the home were brought to police headquarters for questioning. She told police that she heard the intruders around 4 am.

"She exercised her right to defend her livelihood and property," Deon Washington of the Gwinnett County Police Department said in a statement. No charges are expected against the woman, whose name has not been released, Washington said.

"The homeowner told dispatchers that she and another male were awoken to the sounds of someone entering their home," Washington said. "The female retrieved her handgun and went to investigate the sounds."

She told police she saw at least three men coming through the front door. "At that point," Washington said, "she began firing rounds from her handgun and struck at least one suspect in the torso killing him."

Nearly a week after the incident, the two men believed to be connected to the invasion are still on the run, Gwinnett police said.