4 Brazilian ministers resign
Updated: 2014-11-13 12:06
|Brazil reelects president Rousseff to second term|
Minister of the Presidency Aloizio Mercadante, Minister of Development and Foreign Trade Mauro Borges, Minister of Labor Manoel Dias and Minister of Strategic Affairs Marcelo Neri announced their intentions to quit so that Rousseff can line up a new team more easily.
Rousseff said Wednesday in Qatar that all cabinet ministers were required to inform her whether they planned to stay or go.
Culture Minister Marta Suplicy quit her post Tuesday, claiming disagreement with the president on economic policies.
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul
- China, Pakistan pledge to strengthen air force cooperation
- B20 urges G20 to make bold commitments for growth, jobs
- Britain to introduce tough new foreign fighter laws
- World's tallest man meets world's shortest man
- Lang Lang honored with German award