Putin takes part in hockey game against students in Russia
Updated: 2015-09-02 11:24
Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) takes part in a match between former Russian ice hockey stars and students of the Sirius educational centre for gifted children in Sochi, Russia, Sept 1, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
Putin marked the opening of the school year on Tuesday by taking part in a game against student players from the Sirius academy for gifted children at the Shaiba arena in Sochi, one of the hockey venues at the 2014 Olympics.
Other players on his side included Pavel Bure, Vyacheslav Fetisov, Alexander Ovechkin and Yevgeny Malkin.
The veteran team won 9-5, Russian news reports said, but didn't specify whether Putin notched any goals or assists.
- Three killed, 8 missing after fishing boat capsizing in S.Korea
- Migration crisis tears at EU's cohesion and tarnishes its image
- Britain signals move towards air strikes in Syria
- Snowden accepts Norwegian prize via video link
- Tokyo ditches Olympic logo amid new plagiarism allegation
- Japan criticized for protest over UN chief's visit to Beijing