Over 350 inmates escape after prison break in Afghanistan
Updated: 2015-09-14 13:07
GHAZNI -- More than 350 inmates escaped at early hours of Monday after Taliban militants attacked a prison in eastern Afghanistan's province of Ghazni, said an official.
"The militants attacked the main provincial jail at around 2:00 a.m. local time. Several security forces and militants were killed following the clash. A massive operation has started now to arrest the escapees," the official said.
- Russian military experts present in Syria
- Norway PM says Norwegian citizen taken hostage in Syria
- Hungarian TV journalist fired for tripping up fleeing migrants
- Leaders from EU, Russia, Ukraine to meet in Paris in Oct
- Music is food for the soul for young Chinese violinist
- Australia's Tasmania, China agree to 'work together' on Antarctic expeditions